Poem  

Posted by Ashutosh

Well, I wrote this a month or so back while I was traveling (which is explicit in the content of the poem). Can't think of an appropriate title, thought of 'Travelers alone' but doesn't seem to fit that much. I'll appreciate suggestions guys.

I would like to meet you,
And fill your half empty table
Share a meal and talk of our travels

But when you look up
I see your eyes like mine,
Speak paranoia

I imagine
We’d chatter
Laugh
You up in my room
By morning
Seduced
You’d elope with my belongings

You imagine
We’d laugh
Chatter
I up in your room
By morning
Drugged, raped and robbed
You’ll find me gone

I confess, your imagined fate is worse than my fantasy

So, nothing.
We eat our meal and stay strangers.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at Tuesday, May 05, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Sweet.

May 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Do you know this is the first poem of yours that I've read, I now realize that you really are an awesome poet :-)

May 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

hey ASHu...that was a gud one...keep it up buddy...

May 18, 2009 at 7:19 AM
Antara  

my fave till now :)!!

May 20, 2009 at 12:21 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
May 21, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Thanks*4

May 21, 2009 at 3:47 AM
Aneesh Mulye  

You have really matured as a poet, compared to the last time I saw your work. It was a very long time ago, of course, but still.

Excellent work.

May 27, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Thanks Aneesh. Yeah I guess I have matured as a poet; from a hopeless romantic to a less hopeless one. The last poem of mine that I showed you was 'your eyes' I think; a long love sonnet admiring the eyes of my latest crush (back in high school). How things have changed since then.

June 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Post a Comment