Indian Owls  

Posted by Ashutosh

Despite the heat, the Bilpatra tree overlooking the balcony- just beyond my room- has maintained its thick canopy. Members of my family tell me about an 'Owl-couple', who sometimes inhabit this natural tree-house. I've never seem them. But the thought of them fills me up with so much curiosity, that the enigma of their intimate existence has become an inspiration for me. Hence I write.

I have heard of these Indian owls,
- a tawny couple-
Perched somewhere inside
The deep tranquil canopy of Bilpatra

Though I have never seen the two,
But in private I have envied
Their pristine intimacy,
The flow of their supple necks
And their plumed spirits ensconced
Among a nation of three-eyed leaves
And their vision
-Dripping from their big nocturnal eyes-
Ripping across darkness’s invincibility.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 17, 2009 at Sunday, May 17, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Sweeter.

May 19, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Parul  

Simple yet profound.

June 16, 2009 at 12:00 PM

thank you thank you

@Parul
Kaha hai? I messaged you some days back

June 16, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Post a Comment